Changing the textile industry
The rise of mass fashion is largely responsible for the destruction of the environment and social conditions in many parts of our world. Seidentraum is committed to the transition to textile production that values and protects nature and people.
How we do it
We support our partners in India in improving social conditions. The manual production of the silk yarns and fabrics takes place with the involvement of disadvantaged women's groups in the villages. By supporting them we actively help to ensure that children in Jharkhand can attend a school.
We trade exclusively with Peace Silk. Its caterpillars can hatch as butterflies. The cocoons are only then processed into silk yarn. In traditional silk production, the pupa dies in the cocoon. We allow millions of butterflies to hatch and live every year.
Special features of our Peace Silk
- Organic farming with mixed cultivation
- Mainly manufactured according to GOTS
- Handcrafted production of fabrics and yarns
- We buy directly from the manufacturer
- No child labor
- German production of clothing, bedding, silk scarves and more
- Timeless designs for more durability and sustainability in the textile industry
- We look for regional suppliers for operational needs
- We avoid CO2 emissions by selecting our partners appropriately
- We prefer office supplies made from recycled materials
We are committed to changing the fashion industry - away from cheap and unhealthy disposable clothing that only lasts a few months - towards durable, sustainable and timeless textiles.
We are committed to changing consumer awareness, questioning the conditions under which their clothing is made and showing the benefits of sustainable, healthy and fair textiles.
"Be the change you want to see in this world."