With the right care, your silk products will last for years without sacrificing quality. There are a few important tips to keep in mind, as silk, as a natural fibre, cannot be treated as carelessly as a man-made fibre.
- Never spray the silk with perfume or deodorant
- Avoid exposing silk to direct sunlight for long periods of time
- Do not remove individual stains with water
- Never wring silk
We recommend hand washing silk (in the sink or in the washing machine) at max. 40°C.
- It is best to use our special silk detergent tenestar.
- Soak the silk in lukewarm water for about 3-5 minutes.
- Wash dark silk only briefly in COLD hand bath, do not soak!
- Gently move the fabric back and forth during this time. Do not wring!
- Once the silk is wet, be more careful as silk is more delicate when wet.
- After a maximum of 5 minutes of hand bathing, remove the silk and rinse the fabric with cold water and a teaspoon of vinegar to remove any soap residue.
- Drain the fabric well.
- Do not dry in the sun or in the dryer
- Spray with cold water before ironing
- Iron at level 2 (••) and without steam