Organic Peace Silk DISHANI • Crepe de Chine white • 95% silk
Peace Silk - the loveliest way to wear silk
White medium weight Crepe de Chine with its special crepe texture - an intersting eye-catcher for bluses, shirts, curtains, scarves... Peace Silk is the alternative for people who care about the lives of animals, for people who appreciate the queen of natural fibers.
Sericulture is done under natural environment. The trees where the silk worms grow are not treated with any kind of fungicide, insecticide or genetic spray. To safeguard worms and leafs from other insects or birds, the entire tree is covered by a net quite similar to a mosquito net.
Once the silk worms are grown to cocoon, they are kept safe in a sheltered place till the pupae comes out of the cocoon in the form of a beautiful butterfly.
This process may require 2 to 4 weeks. This special method makes the production slower but it is essential for our philosophy of making non-violent silk. Once butterflies have left their cocoons, the processing is done naturally without using any harmful chemicals.
- Bio-Silk is a pure natural product
- Organicic agriculture of the mulberry trees
- No appliance of pesticides
- No killing of the silkworms
- Manufacturing without heavy metal salts and harmful chemicals
- Fair wages for the workers
material: 95 % silk 5% Elasthan
origin: India type of silk mulberry
quality: Peace Silk
certificate: organic textile standard*
width:approx. 108 cm
weight: approx. 70 g/m²
* This fabric was manufactured according to one of the most stringent natural textile standards. All production companies are certified (spinning, dyeing, knitting and weaving). Since SEIDENTRAUM is not certified as a retailer, the product (in accordance with the provisions of the Global Organic Textile Standard gGMBH as the owner of the "GOTS" brand) can not be offered by us as "certified". Thank you to everyone involved in the production and organization of these beautiful silk textiles that strive to guarantee you top quality organic quality with the highest possible standard of environmental and social sustainability.
You can also get this fabric as DEVA peat silk.
For this, the Peace Silk is activated with the properties of the refined peat fibers. Please order the activation here! Activation extends the delivery time by around 7 days.
You can find more about DEVA peat silk at www.peat.clothing